All of our jewelry is either 14kt,18kt, 24k gold or silver plated, 14k or 18k gold filled, or sterling silver. All jewelry is lead and nickel free. Under each product the materials are listed, please review before purchasing.
All of our handbags are made from faux vegan leather. Under each product the materials are listed, please review before purchasing.
- Gold Filled Jewelry is composed of a solid layer of gold (typically constituting at least 5% of the item's total weight) mechanically bonded to a base of either sterling silver or some other base metal. The term "gold filled" is a regulated industry standard that requires the metal to consist of at least 5% pure gold by weight. Most high quality gold filled pieces have the same appearance as high carat gold, and gold-filled items, even with daily wear, can last 10 to 30 years. The layer of gold on gold filled items is 5 to 10 times thicker than that produced by regular gold plating.
Gold Plated Jewelry is composed by a method of plating called electroplating where a thin layer of gold is bonded onto a base metal (sterling silver, copper, brass, etc.). Gold plated jewelry does have real gold, but its price depends on the purity of gold it contains. The lowest purity being 10k and the highest being 24k. Gold plated jewelry can tarnish and rust depending on how thin the gold plating is. Gold plated jewelry with proper care can last anywhere from 2-5 years.
Silver Plated Jewelry is composed by a method of silver plating called electroplating. For most silver plating, a microscopic layer of silver is adhered to a base metal using an electric current. This current carries positively charged silver ions and adheres them to a negatively charged base metal.
- 925 Sterling Silver consists of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other compound metals, such as copper or zinc. The reason why sterling silver jewelry is mixed with other metals is that pure silver is extremely soft and malleable. It is beautiful but trying to mold pure silver into decorative shapes, like necklaces, rings, and earrings, proves impossible because it is too delicate to keep its shape. Blending rigid metals with silver helps jewelry makers overcome the fragility of working with pure silver.
- Faux Vegan Leather is artificial imitation leather. It’s a synthetic fabric that has been specially designed to replicate the look and feel of genuine leather, but without using any animal by-products.
Overtime jewelry can experience some discoloration. This can be due to expose to moisture or oxidation. To extend the longevity of your accessories, please read below on how to properly care for your jewelry.
- Remove jewelry before bathing, swimming, or washing dishes.
- Wear jewelry on completely dried skin. Apply beauty products before wearing your jewelry as exposure to water, oils, or perfumes can cause tarnish.
- Remove jewelry off before going to bed as it can snag on sheets and blankets causing it to break.
- Never use jewelry cleaner as some are too harsh and may contain abrasives.
- If your jewelry requires cleaning, use a lightly damp soft cloth. Gently clean your accessory and pat dry.
To extend the longevity of your handbags, please read below on how to properly care for your accessory.
- Clean stains and dirt on handbags with a dry cloth. Rub the spot(s) very carefully and lightly to avoid harming the leather. Carelessness may cause a change in color or may harm the material.
- Never wash your handbags with water.
- Be careful with your handbag getting wet. Too much rain or water can ruin the materials. Never use a hair-dryer or dryer to dry your bag, heat damages the material. Gently pat dry with a dry cloth and allow to air dry.
If you have any further questions about how to properly care for your accessory, please contact us.